IAB Tech lab launches phase two of OpenRTB 3.0 public comment
The IAB Technology Laboratory has released for public comment tech specifications for OpenRTB 3.0, built upon the framework released last September, as the second step in its introduction to the ecosystem. A major overhaul to the real-time bidding framework that will heighten trust in the security of the automated advertising supply chain by giving buyers more transparency during the bid process. New specifications designed to support OpenRTB are also being made available for public comment – ads.cert, AdCOM, and the Ad Management API – all designed to promote healthy growth of the digital advertising programmatic marketplace.
Key updates proposed for OpenRTB 3.0 include:
– Main goals of the update are to increase security and transparency in programmatic
– Three new specs to be used alongside with the OpenRTB
– ads.cert providing better inventory authentication to continue combating ad fraud
* Proposal for digitally signing bid requests to ensure inventory authenticity
– AdCOM (Advertising Common Object Model)
* New modular approach to describe advertising objects to be transacted in OpenRTB or other transactional specs
– Ad Management API
* Standardising API connections for creative approval process, enabling greater transparency for ad quality
Public commenting period of 60 days, until September 24th, while beta testing being conducted. To review the proposed OpenRTB, ads.cert, AdCOM, and Ad Management API technical specs that are part of the IAB Tech Lab’s OpenMedia specification stack, please visit https://iabtechlab.com/openmedia.
About IAB Technology Laboratory
The IAB Technology Laboratory (Tech Lab) is a non-profit research and development consortium that produces and provides standards, software, and services to drive growth of an effective and sustainable global digital media ecosystem. Comprised of digital publishers and ad technology firms, as well as marketers, agencies, and other companies with interests in the interactive marketing arena, IAB Tech Lab aims to enable brand and media growth via a transparent, safe, effective supply chain, simpler and more consistent measurement, and better advertising experiences for consumers, with a focus on mobile and TV/digital video channel enablement.
Source: Press Release